Thursday, July 18, 2019

Image result for you are beautiful

Life is tough and being a female is so challenging, I'm not saying being a male is not. I'm sure they struggle with male issues just as much as females, I however am female and I choose to write about being female. 
What does it mean to be a girl, a woman?  Does it mean we have to make ourselves pretty everyday? because after all beautiful women are looked at everyday. The world loves beautiful women....

This statement is powerful and can be hurtful to young girls and women that struggle with not feeling beautiful.  I'd like to discuss what I feel makes a girl and woman beautiful.

Define beauty: Beauty is the depth of your eyes, the pain you've gone through, the distance you've ran, mountains you've climbed.  Physical beauty is a small component of the true beauty that lies within each of us. Yet we look in the mirror everyday and judge how we look. Picking ourselves apart because we may have one to many blemishes or maybe our body has too much fat or stretch marks, or a scar from bringing a baby into the world.

What would your world look like if you truly looked at yourself and embraced all the things you've been judging yourself for.  I've been challenging myself to do just that.  Can we change how we look at ourselves and teach the world to change too? I say yes we can, and I think it's time we do just that.  It is 2019, a fast paced world of electronics, cars, stores, fast food restaurants and so many options for education (that is a different blog). It is time that women love themselves for who they and stop trying to fit into the model of what the world expects we should be. If you 90 pounds, or 300 pounds, you have perfect complexion or beauty spots, scars, stretch marks, small busted or larger sized, short or long hair. It does not matter. You are beautiful. YOU define beauty....it's YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment